Black Swan Folk Club
Mid September 2002
- MARTIN CARTHY tonight (19th) is SOLD OUT, though it may be possible to squeeze in an odd one or two extras.
- OTLEY FESTIVAL ROLLING FOLK CLUB is hosted by the Black Swan this Saturday afternoon at The Three Horse Shoes from 3pm−5pm. Please be there if you can, and spread the word to others.
- MARTIN SIMPSON CONCERT (1st October at the Early Music Centre) is selling fairly fast. As of Monday the Centre’s Box Office had around 40 tickets left, and the club/Cassadys has about 20, some of them reserved. Numbers are strictly controlled at the Centre so once the official capacity is reached that’s it!
- if you intend going and haven’t booked yet, please do so ASAP
- if you have tickets reserved with me, please (a) remind me in case I’ve overlooked your request, and (b) please collect and pay for them ASAP
- AUTUMN SEASON FLYER is now written and at the printers. I’ll have some photocopied versions available tonight or at Otley.
- LATEST BOOKINGS FOR 2003 include
- Feb 13 − Damien Barber
- Mar 6 − Ben Sands (tbc)
- Apr 10 − Brian Bowers (US autoharp player)
- Apr 17 − Andy Irvine
- May 1 − John Spiers & Jon Boden
- May 8 − Emily Slade
- May 29 − John Kirkpatrick
- July 10 − Martin Curtis (New Zealand)
- MCs and FLOOR ACTS please book your slots: the latest update of the schedule for floor spots and so on is also attached to this e−mail as a Word document. Please pass on any additions or alterations by return e−mail, by phone or in person.
- CLUB E−MAILING LIST is so far very small, but I hope to build it up fairly quickly so that future programme information and other news can be e−mailed out quickly and easily, saving the club considerable postage and stationery costs. If you can help build up the list in any way, e.g. by passing on contacts for other club regulars, please do so.