Black Swan Folk Club
- JOHN WRIGHT & MAARTIN ALLCOCK (12 December). With less than a week to go, there are about a dozen tickets left for our pre-Xmas Special, so it's not too late to book! Give me a ring or e-mail and I'll put aside tickets for you to collect on the door. Alternatively, you can buy at Cassadys Records.
- COOPE, BOYES & SIMPSON (9 January). Our New Year "Acappella Special" has been selling well and already there are only 20 or so tickets left. As above, give me a call or an e-mail or drop in at Cassadys.
- CHRISTMAS PARTY (19 December). This always-enjoyable bash combines music song and verse from lots of the regulars − and not-so-regulars − with sociable chat and a bumper bring-and-share buffet supper. There is no door charge, just bring something for the buffet.
Unlike most folk clubs, the Black Swan is normally a "raffle-free zone", but for the Christmas Party we do hold a GRAND DRAW . It adds to the fun and makes a contribution to running costs. Prizes already donated or acquired this year include:
and there will be more! If you can donate a small prize (food, drink, CD, novelty item or whatever) please let me know − before the party night if possible.
- £25 in Theatre Tokens − ideal for the Panto season!
- £10 Gift Voucher from Hobgoblin Music folk specialists in Leeds
- Half bottle of Glenfiddich malt whisky
- 1.5 Kg tin of Celebrations chocolates
There is, sadly, no bar extension so the earlier we can get the party started (hint, hint), the more music and crack we can squeeze in!
- FUTURE PROGRAMME. Our next leaflet is with the printers and is attached to this e-mail − minus the logos − as a Word document. It covers 16 January to 11 April. Also attached is a separate summary listing of ALL confirmed bookings for 2003. There are still a few gaps over the Summer, but they'll soon be filled. Please feel free at any time to send me your suggestions for future club guests.
- EARLY MUSIC CENTRE CONCERTS. Our ambitious Winter/Spring concert season is now finalised. DICK GAUGHAN & ALLAN TAYLOR have confirmed their 11 February gig and dates have been agreed with SHOW OF HANDS (11 April) and LAST NIGHT'S FUN (23 May) − making a total of 6 top class events in 4 months!
Booking has opened for all events at the Early Music Centre Box Office, and I should receive tickets any day now to sell at club meetings and through Cassadys. Buy from the NCEM Box Office if that suits you, but if you can book through the club or Cassadys it helps us and the artists, because we avoid sales commission.
- THE E-MAILING LIST has almost reached triple figures but can accommodate many more. If you are reading a printed copy of this newsletter and want to receive it electronically in future, just let me know.